I saw a post on Linked In asking for people interested in instructional design to work on a MOOC to develop a course in the basic adult education sector for Maths and English. Great! everybody wins. I get a real world I.D. experience, the Adult Educators get an OER course to CCRS (College and Career readiness standards) and the learner gets a course for free.
My First impressions
- The course is being run on the Canvas network which looks great and is very intuitive
- The authoring tool Open Author looks great I can’t wait to use that! very exciting!!
- It should take about 40 hours to complete and so is a nice side project to get my I.D. teeth into
- It’s for a non-profit educator which suits my Open Source business ideals
- It looks a fun project to do!!
The Course project
The course is aimed at supporting adult learners who have not completed high school and is to CCRS standards and I can chose from the topics below (decisions,decisions!!)
English Language Arts and Literacy, including History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical subjects, and
It’s being created on Open Author with which you can create OER courses. I can’t wait to get started creating more courses with that. Ideas are bouncing around in my head already
- Intro to Libre office
- Gimp essentials
- plus a few more quite possibly aimed at the Charity sector
Part 2 will continue my journey creating a course in the wonderful world of Instructional Design