This is the first of a series of Libre Office shortcuts to help you work smarter not harder. I’ll start it off with Writer.
- F5 – Opens the wonderful Navigator this handy search tool is essential when editing a multi-page document. My favourite Writer tool.
- F11 – Opens Styles & Formatting this powerful tool will have your document looking ship shape in no time. You can define your preferred fonts, headings etc and save them for your next work saving you oodles of time.
- Move Text- Rather than using the traditional copy & paste try using select text, holding down the Ctrl key then drag your text to its new home.
- Quickly delete text- If like me you’re not a proficient typist or maybe you need to quickly replace what you’ve just typed. Here’s a quick solution Ctrl+Shift+Del will delete the text unto the end of the sentence.
- F2 – Formula bar. This hidden gem is a handy way to quickly insert calculations into your document and can handle Sum, Percentages, Sq Root and Statistics to name a few.